Welcome to Heyswood
A traditional campsite, set in 25 acres, owned and maintained by Girlguiding Greater London West CountyPortsmouth Road (A3), Cobham, Surrey KT11 1EN
Direct access from A3 west of Cobham, 5 minutes from M25 Jct10
Grid reference 090 601 (Landranger 187 Pathfinder 1190)
Heyswood has many opportunities for enjoying the out of doors including camping, indoor accommodation, day and evening use.
There are 14 Camp sites each with solid cooking base, easy access to wood and water. Showers and flush toilets available in Log Cabin. Tents (including a 4m x 10m Marquee) and camping equipment available for hire.
Booking and Information
We are open for outdoor camping, indoor residentials and all on site activities.
One of our accommodation blocks has been altered to have small rooms of no more than six.
We are pleased to say that our activities are all now ready to enjoy and you will see below Risk Assessments where required.
- Accommodates maximum of 30: – 6 adults in two Leaders rooms – 24 young people in 11 bunk beds and 2 single beds.
- Large washroom with 2 showers, 4 toilets and 7 wash basins.
- Fitted kitchen with hatchway to activities/dining room.
- Central heating/electricity included in the fees.
Baden Powell Lodge
- Accommodates maximum of 28 – 4 adults in 2 leader rooms with a separate toilet, wash basin and shower and 24 young people in 5 rooms each with a mix of single beds and bunk beds. (No more than 6 people in a room).
- Washroom with 2 showers, 3 toilets and 4 basins.
Separate disabled shower room including toilet and basin.
- Fitted kitchen with hatchway and door into the dining /activity room.
- Small conservatory for Leaders to relax at the end of the day!
- Central heating/electricity included in fees.
- Indoor area for activities and sleeping.
- Kitchen area with sink, running hot/cold water, cooker, kettle, urn, fridge, freezer and microwave.
- 4 toilets (2 with showers) 3 basins – shared with those camping/using East Hut.
- This is suitable for small numbers.
- It has a fridge, urn, kettle, electricity points and sink with hot/cold running water.
- Showers/toilets and hand basins available adjacent to Baden Powell Lodge.
- Similar to West Hut in size and suitable for small groups. It has a sheltered area for outside cooking on gas stoves (not supplied).
- Has a fridge, kettle, electricity points, and running water adjacent.
- Flush toilets/showers available in the Log Cabin.
Shop – Souvenirs, pens, pencils, notebooks, as well as Heyswood badges, County Standard badges, etc. are available to purchase.
Playground on soft play surface – suitable for Rainbows and Brownies – including new Swing Basket.
Giant games and team challenges These include parachute, jenga, four-in-a-row, noughts & crosses, and circus equipment.
Water slide – weather permitting
Other activities Outdoor Table Tennis table, Netball posts, rounders set, croquet set, badminton net and posts, grab a game pack, photo challenge packs for Brownie & Guides sections.
Other residents you may spot – Bats, birds – ask for the RSPB bird activity pack or book our pond dipping equipment to discover the creatures hiding in our pond.
Open air Swimming Pool
Open end of May to end of September with kayaks available
Camp Fire Circle
Located in the woods. This can be booked in advance, or you may use an alter fire on one of the 14 campsite concrete fire bases.
Double 40m Zip wire
Lots of fun to be had zipping down our zip wire!
Almost like Volleyball, not quite like Basketball and not a mere Trampoline. Aeroball merges all three activities into a Vertical Action Game that is the Ultimate Sports Experience! To help your further enjoyment please see our Rules and Strategies. Available April to October.
Our exciting new low ropes course has 10 elements and is designed for individuals from Brownies to adults to learn about themselves, others and how they work with others by working through challenges together in a team.
Participants should be allowed to plan as a group, make mistakes, have a chance to correct them and enjoy their successes with little involvement from the leader. Helmets are provided and must be worn by all participants. A leader who has attended our familiarisation course must be in attendance to supervise the group. Suggested ratio of 1:8
Experience the fun of tobogganing, but without the snow using our x 8 grass sledges
Four routes – short, medium, long and star are permanently available. The maps are available to download:
Activities in the Local Area
AirHop Trampoline Park – 9.1 miles
12 Midleton Industrial Estate Road Guildford, GU2 8XW
Birds of prey demonstration
bookable in advance
Chatley Heath Semaphore Tower – 3.8 miles
Pointers Road, Cobham KT11 1PQ
Chessington World of Adventures – 8.5 miles
Leatherhead Road, Chessington, KT9 2NE
Merlin discount for Guiding Groups
Garson’s Farm – 6.2miles
Winterdown Road, Esher KT10 8LS
Pick Your Own fruit in season
Guildford Spectrum – 7 miles
Parkway, Guildford, GU1 1UP
Swimming including slides, Tenpin Bowling and Ice Skating
Mercedes Benz World – 5.1 miles
Brooklands Drive, Weybridge KT13 0SL
Direct access from Heyswood with reduced costs.
RHS Garden Wisley – 3.4 miles
Woking GU23 6QB
Thorpe Park Theme Park – 10 miles
Staines Road, Chertsey, KT16 8PN
Merlin discount for Guiding Groups
Wild Wood – 8.5 miles
Peacock Wood, Lido Road, Stoke Park, Guildford, GU1 1HB
Tree top adventure (similar to Go Ape)
Friends of Heyswood
A group dedicated to supporting our camp site and to help raise funds for extra facilities and improvements. We hold work afternoons to help keep Heyswood smart and tidy. If you would like to join us membership costs just £6 per year, please email FOH for an application form. You will receive newsletters to keep you regularly updated. You can read recent editions here: