Welcome to The Leaders
Girlguiding Greater London West has over 960 adult Leaders and helpers who volunteer in a wide range of ways to give over 3200 girls the chance to experience all that Guiding has to offer.
Leaders are women aged over 18 who run Rainbow, Brownie, Guide and Senior Section units. The Unit Leader is usually supported by Assistant Leaders and Unit Helpers. There are many other roles for volunteers so you are welcome to join us!
All Girlguiding leaders will take part in our Leader Development Programme and complete the Becoming a Leader qualification. Much of the training is completed online including our safeguarding courses “A Safe Space” and with plenty of on-the-job experience with their unit. Leaders are allocated a Mentor to support and encourage them during this time.
Many other training opportunities are available for leaders to gain experience in different areas and all are particularly encouraged to gain a first aid qualification.
When you are a leader with Guides the difference you can make will last a lifetime.
Working as a leader with Guides you will …
- laugh and learn with your new found friends
- increase your self confidence as you share your skills and acquire new ones
- be unpaid but richly rewarded
- derive satisfaction from knowing that you are doing something positive to help today’s young people
- be part of the worlds largest group of girls and women, working together to make a difference in the world
- inspire girls and young women to achieve their best.
For further information head to: Our leaders and volunteers | Girlguiding