Girlguiding Greater London West has over 1,400 adult Leaders and helpers who volunteer in a wide range of ways to give over 4,600 girls the chance to experience all that Guiding has to offer.
Leaders are women aged over 18 who run Rainbow, Brownie, Guide and Senior Section units. The Unit Leader is usually supported by Assistant Leaders and Unit Helpers. There are many other roles for volunteers so you are welcome to join us!
All Girlguiding UK Leaders go through our own Leadership Qualification, part of which incorporates a First Aid Course, which is then renewed every 3 years and a Safeguarding course. While working though the Leadership Qualification members are allocated a mentor who will encourage them and help them with any queries.
Unit Leaders take part in learning and development opportunities both ‘on-the-job’ and through formal and informal training sessions including accounts, camping and anything else you might want.
When you are a leader with Guides the difference you can make will last a lifetime.
Working as a leader with Guides you will …
- laugh and learn with your new found friends
- increase your self confidence as you share your skills and acquire new ones
- be unpaid but richly rewarded
- derive satisfaction from knowing that you are doing something positive to help today’s young people
- be part of the worlds largest group of girls and women, working together to make a difference in the world
- inspire girls and young women to achieve their best.